freckled fashion: Uniform Blues

Saturday, 20 July 2013

Uniform Blues


This morning I woke up bright and early and thought to myself "You know what? Today seems like a beautiful day for an outfit post."

Well, actually I rolled out of bed at 6:30 with my eyes half closed after 5 hours of sleep and thought to myself "Why can't I clean my darn room?!"

I cannot stand when I have to sleep in the guest room when my bed and floor are covered in a collision of clean and barely-clean clothes that is artfully arranged into piles that I've been meaning to put away for the past week. You should be glad I borrowed/stole this sweater from my darling friend Maddy and had a clear vision in my head of what I would pair it with today, because otherwise you'd be getting some lovely photos of me in a ratty housedress and Birkenstocks.


Yesterday I was in a creative mood, so I rifled through my Safari bookmarks and found this DIY for a Peter Pan collar that I discovered last year on HonestlyWTF. It's the most adorable thing - and it was honestly the quickest DIY I've ever made. The entire process of finding materials, prepping and creating this collar took under 15 minutes. I'm not even kidding.




I should be given an award or something from Forever21 - if there's an item in my closet and it's not vintage, it's usually Forever21. I love it there! Maddy's gingham sweater owes its life to this store, and my skirt is from Forever21 as well. I love the midi length and pleats at the waistband, and although I don't usually wear blue I find that navy is a great neutral that you can wear as an alternative to black. I told this to Maddy last night when she was telling me about her struggles with pairing her top with anything but black. Navy is the answer!

My shoes and bag are both from Goodwill & the Salvation Army, respectively. These are my two absolute favourite places to find things for my ever-expanding wardrobe. Both pieces were $6.00 each! If I can't convince you that thrift stores are worth it, then maybe these prices will...

If you're feeling generous, please check me out on Lookbook and gimme a hype or a fan or whatever you please!

* Thanks to my dear ol' twinnie Anna for taking my pictures, and for stifling her laughs*

No comments :

Post a Comment